SALISBURY, MD – Wicomico County Recreation & Parks’ Summerfest and the Playground Park Hop series are back at community parks this summer.
These free programs offer an opportunity for community members to enjoy games, sports, snacks, music and movies at local parks.
Summerfest, a collaboration with the City of Salisbury and the Mizzle House Foundation, will be held from 5-10 p.m. at the following locations:
- June 30 at Indian Village Playground
- July 14 at Billy Gene Jackson Sr. Park
- July 28 at Doverdale Playground
- Aug. 11 at Lake Street Park and Playground
The Playground Park Hop, a collaboration with the City of Salisbury, features an opportunity for children to receive a free lunch. Preregistration for lunches is required and can be completed online at www.WicomicoRecandParks.org.
The program will take place from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the following locations:
- June 15 at Boundless Playground
- June 22 at Gordy Park
- July 6 at Elizabeth W. Woodcock Park
- July 12 at Billy Gene Jackson Sr. Park
- July 20 at Doverdale Playground
- Aug. 3 at Pittsville Park
- Aug. 9 at Lake Street Park and Playground
“We are excited to continue to grow these summer series and offer free experiences for the community,” said Jamie Nichols, program director for Wicomico County Recreation & Parks. “Having accessible fun opportunities for the youth is important, especially during the summer months.”
More information about the programs and vendor applications can be found at www.WicomicoRecandParks.org.