The nitrogen and phosphorus in chicken litter makes a highly effective fertilizer for crops like corn, soybeans and wheat, and more than 95 percent of all poultry litter is recycled to fertilize crops. Improved litter management has allowed farmers in the Chesapeake Bay watershed to reduce agricultural nitrogen entering the Bay by 39 percent and reduce agricultural phosphorus reaching the Bay by 25 percent.
Here are five easy steps to get started selling or buying chicken litter today:
- Download the littr. app from Google Play or Apple’s App Store
- Register for the app (using lowercase characters) and complete as much information about yourself as you’d like. Remember: the more details you provide, the more likely you’ll find customers or suppliers.
- Start viewing the listings, and create your own filters based on distance from your location, listing type or state.
- Create your own listing, whether you are a grower, a farmer in need of litter or someone that provides services, such as hauling, clean outs, or custom application. Again, remember the more information you include, the better chance of being contacted.
- Start connecting by sending a message, marking a listing as a favorite or making a phone call.
To learn more, check out www.littr.io or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.