Salisbury, MD – Maryland Capital Enterprises (MCE), a leading non-profit that empowers businesses to launch, grow, create jobs, and generate wealth across Maryland is excited to announce that it is now accepting nominations for its 12th Annual MCE Palmer Gillis Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
The award ceremony will take place at MCE’s annual celebration on Thursday, November 2nd, 2023. The event will be held at Salisbury University in the Assembly Hall of the Patricia R. Guerrieri Academic Commons Building from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Nomination Deadline: 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 13th, 2023.
- Award Ceremony: November 2nd, 2023 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. in the Assembly Hall of the Patricia R. Guerrieri Academic Commons building at Salisbury University
The winner of the MCE Palmer Gillis Entrepreneur of the Year Award will receive an award and a monetary prize. Additional awards include the Innovator Award presented and sponsored by Unique Styles Custom Home Builders, and the Workforce Development Award presented and sponsored by Worcester County Economic Development & Tourism.
Award Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be a small business owner or majority partner involved in the daily operation of the business
- The business must be located in Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset, Kent, Queen Anne, Talbot, Caroline, or Dorchester County.
- The business must employ 100 employees or fewer
- The business must be a “for-profit” entity
- The business must be in good standing with the State of Maryland
For more information and to submit a nomination, please visit: https://marylandcapital.org/about/entrepreneur-of-the-year/