Salisbury, MD — SHORE UP, the community action agency for the lower Eastern Shore of Maryland, is once again providing qualifying households on Delmarva with assistance in completing and filing their income taxes.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program will assist households with a 2023 gross income of less than $64,000 in completing and filing their income tax forms. SHORE UP has provided this service since 2008. Last year alone, SHORE UP prepared tax returns for over 1200 Delmarva households.
Anyone wishing to have their taxes completed through VITA will need to pick up a tax packet from our office at 520 Snow Hill Road in Salisbury or at our Somerset County office located at 12409 Loretto Road in Princess Anne. Individuals may drop off their documents along with a completed tax packet or schedule an appointment for one-on-one assistance. VITA requires the following documentation:
- A social security card for EACH family member.
- Every taxpayer must bring their picture ID.
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2022.
- Bank routing and account number to direct deposit your refund. Voided checks work best. Refunds may be placed in more than one account; and can also be used to purchase savings bonds.
- Childcare provider’s name, address, and tax ID number.
- A copy of last year’s tax return may be needed.
- Any documentation or information about money you have received from the IRS or Maryland.
- All 1099 forms for other income, if any.
- Form 1095-A if you received the Premium Tax Credit to help pay for health insurance.
- Any other tax related documents you have received.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 410-749-1142, extension 1903. Appointments are available in either Salisbury or Princess Anne.